Past & Future
SNOW DAY IN CORTE MADERA
December 3rd at Menke Park, beginning at 11:00AM
Yes, you read it correctly. There was a 100% chance of SNOW forecasted for Corte Madera on December 3rd and the weatherman was right this time! Everyone had loads of fun. There were games, refreshments and even a pony, kindness of the Corte Madera Chamber of Commerce.
The Parks and Rec Department had planned a free, snow-filled holiday celebration at Menke Park. There was sledding, a children's area, holiday carolers and a visit from Santa himself!
This was likely to be the final Centennial Event, and it was, indeed, a memorable time for all.
LOOKING BACK AT PAST EVENTS
CENTENNIAL TURKEY TROT
November 24th was loads of fun for the whole family. Autumn colored balloons donated by Balloon Delights in Larkspur decorated the starting point. The event had a super turnout After the trot, everyone enjoyed a quick cup of coffee, kindness of Town Center's Starbucks and snacks and fresh fruit, thanks to The Nugget's generosity. Rachel Gould did a terrific job of organizing and thanks go to those who helped to make the event a great success.
- ART WEEKEND in October.
- OCTOBER 8th, ANNUAL OKTOBERFEST at Menke Park, Noon until 5:00 PM
SEPTEMBER 25th from 1-4pm OLD-FASHIONED ICE CREAM SOCIAL at Menke Park sponsored by the Corte Madera Women's Club. Old-time games on the lawn for kids and free refreshments reminiscent of yesteryear. Live music by the Raspberry Jam Band and elegant vintage cars on display.
AGE-FRIENDLY CORTE MADERA HONORED our Nonagenarians and Centenarians on Sunday, AUGUST 28th
THE FRED ASTAIRE REVUE WAS A HUGE SUCCESS. CLICK HERE TO RELIVE THE EVENING.
- JUNE 10th-12th WEEKEND 100 Exciting events took place on the weekend to celebrate the actual 100th anniversary of Corte Madera's incorporation: On Friday morning, the TIME CAPSULE, buried 25 years ago on the Town's 75th birthday, was opened. Friday Game Night, Saturday Family Fun in Town Park, World Class Fireworks Display on Saturday night. Activities on Sunday included Police vs. Fire Department Softball and much more! CLICK HERE to see more photos from Weekend 100.
- The CLASSIC CAR SHOW was sponsored by Marin Luxury Cars. Click to see just a few of the over 60 fabulous entries!
- JUNE 5th HISTORY AND NATURE WALK on Ring Mountain sponsored by Mariner Cove Neighborhood Assn.
- Encore! Slide Presentation of Corte Madera: The Way We Were. Back by popular demand after a Standing Room Only event. Thursday, April 21st at 7PM at the Community Center.
- Pint of Luck Beer Garden on March 12th from 4 until 8 at the Community Center. Great music and authentic Irish food. Free Admission (food and beverage not included). (Ages 21 and over.)
- Historic Timeline Slideshow presentation at the Corte Madera Library on January 23rd at 2:00 pm, followed by a display of historic photographs to remain until March 4th. See photos from the Standing Room Only event.
- New Years Eve Party WAS A HUGE SUCCESS! See the photos.
- Special School Activities throughout the year
- Commemorative items to purchase such as t-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, glasses, hats, etc. available at the Community Center. Visit the "Centennial Merchandise" page
- Banners around the Town